Monday, January 29, 2018

Starteritis :)

I seem to be suffering from starteritis.....you know....that condition where you just have to start something new! I think I caught it from reading blogs....yes....it's contagious! Be warned.

I did manage to get  a bit more of the bluebirds stitched before the starteritis kicked in...


Not great progress, but any progress is better than none.

Then the starteritis began....the colours in the yarn were just screaming my name so I just had to buy it....you understand, don't you?!!!! I then found the perfect pattern for this yarn....


The crochet pattern is an easy one to do while watching TV etc....not too much concentration required! The pattern can be found here. I'm using a different yarn than the one the pattern calls for but it's very similar. This one is called 'blue blaze'.


And then the starteritis took hold.....I decided to start the free kit from one of the cross stitch magazines....


....my excuse was that you always need to have a supply of cards on hand! This little bear is perfect for  giving for so many different occasions....and it's a quick stitch, so a winner all round.

I also started  a project that had me using .......make sure you're sitting down for this as it may be a bit of a shock.....the sewing machine!!!! I sure have a bad case of starteritis! Yes, I used my sewing machine.....and I survived! I don't have a picture to show you just yet as it doesn't look like much at the moment, but I promise to reveal all once it's completed. 

I'm hoping that the next round of things to catch is finishing-it-of-itis :) If you do have that bug.....please feel free to send it my way!


Until next time....happy stitching!
Rhona

6 comments:

Hexe im Hollerbusch said...

I love to watch on your blog how the blue birds project progresses. That's such a nice project.

Mary said...

Rhona!!! Your post had me laughing out loud!! I have a case of buy-it-is, certainly the result of reading blogs. I highly doubt I'll ever catch finishing-it-of-it is! :) I'm glad you tackled the dreaded sewing machine and looking forward to seeing what you finished. Your wool color blends perfectly with your pretty budgies! I am more than impressed that you stitch for cards. Have a great week, Mary

Katie said...

LOL I don't think finishing-it-off-itis is near as easy to find haha. Everything looks great though. Hope you are enjoying your hobbies and that's all that matters if you ask me.

Ariadne said...

It's happening to me too.I have too many things that I want to make and I can't possibly wait to finish one piece at a time so I am suffering from the same as you!LOL!Love the birds. AriadnefromGreece!

Preeti said...

Good progress on stitching, blue has cast a spell on you....another blue project:) lovely yarn colors!
Once in a while it is ok to pamper with new projects. Between starteritis and finishing-of-it-itis there is a processing unit called blogging-itis:) Looking forward to see your sewstarter-itis' project.

RJ said...

Rhona what a fun post that made me smile! I think I suffer from alot of the same things. I do love how the blue birds are coming along. And your crocheted project is so lovely. Your cards are exceptional...so much work for a card but what a treat to receive one. RJ